Truck Accident Lawyer In Gainesville, GA
Accidents are not uncommon on roads and highways in and around Gainesville, Georgia. Due to their dimensions and weight, accidents involving semi-trucks can be incredibly debilitating for victims. The severe and sometimes catastrophic injuries can leave accident victims facing expensive hospital bills and extended time away from work. This can leave truck accident victims and their families physically, emotionally, and financially devastated. That is why it is imperative to call an experienced and trusted lawyer as soon as it is safe to do so.
The trusted Trial Team of Stewart Melvin & Frost is passionate about helping truck accident victims in Gainesville and the surrounding areas. Our lawyers have dedicated their careers to helping truck accident victims recover damages to hold big trucking companies accountable. The Trial Team has over three decades of experience providing a personalized approach to law and securing favorable results for our clients.
Schedule Your Appointment With Truck Accident Attorneys Today
Leading Causes of Truck Accidents in Gainesville, Georgia
While every truck accident is unique, many are caused by similar hazards or negligent actions. Driving a large truck or 18-wheeler is not easy, and truck drivers must undergo training and get their commercial driver’s license (CDL). However, due to the pandemic and the rise of online shopping, there are more trucks on the road than ever, leading to more accidents. Some leading causes of truck accidents in Gainesville include:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Distracted driving
- Poorly secured cargo
- Failure to follow federal and state safety laws
- Careless merging
- Drowsy driving
- Road construction
- Hazardous weather conditions
- Hiring unqualified drivers
- Not properly training drivers
- Retaining unqualified drivers
- Improperly maintaining the trucks and trailers
These behaviors and hazards are known to cause accidents and result in life-threatening injuries for everyone involved. If you have suffered an injury in a truck accident, call us as soon as possible so that we can begin investigating the cause of the accident. The insurance companies for these big trucking companies begin their investigations almost instantaneously. It is imperative to begin our investigation as quickly as possible, to make sure all the relevant evidence is collected so your rights are fully protected.
Common Types of Truck Accidents in Gainesville
Although some accidents are rear-ends or head-on collisions, other types include:
- Jackknife Accidents: When a truck suddenly stops, the trailer may swing out, causing the truck to form a 90-degree angle. The out-of-control trailer can cause severe accidents involving many vehicles.
- Wide Turn Accidents: Truck drivers tend to swing their vehicles in the opposite direction while making a turn. If done carelessly, they could collide with other drivers on the road.
- Roll-Over Accidents: Sometimes, a driver may lose control of their truck, causing it to roll onto its side. They may lose control due to hazardous road conditions or reckless driving behaviors.
- Lost Load Accidents: If cargo is improperly secured on a truck, it can loosen at high speeds and severely injure other drivers on the road.
- Off-Tracking Accidents: Rear wheels take a different, shorter path than the front wheels when the truck is turning or cornering. We might think of it as “cutting the corner” of a turn. In some cases, the truck driver may fail to account for the position of the rear wheels during a right turn, resulting in the trailer crossing into oncoming lanes of travel and causing an accident.
- Poor Maintenance Accidents: Often times, the big trucking companies do not properly maintain their trucks, trailers and/or equipment, leading to horrific accidents caused by issues with the engine, brakes, or equipment used to secure the load.
Due to the sheer size of big trucks, many accidents result in multi-car pileups, involving multiple cars and injuring dozens of victims. Due to limited insurance limits, it is imperative that you call an experienced trucking lawyer as soon as it is safe to do so to make sure your rights are fully protected.
Damages That You May Be Eligible to Recover through Your Truck Accident Claim
At Stewart Melvin & Frost, our skilled Trial Team, led by Mark Alexander and Andrew Gould, has a proven track record of holding big trucking companies accountable on behalf of their clients. The Trial Team takes on a limited number of cases to make sure that each client receives the level of care and legal service they deserve.
“For us, it is about the Golden Rule,” says Andrew Gould, “We treat each client as we would want our family to be treated. It is why we choose quality over quantity, which allows us to always be responsive, professional and prepared.”
Some damages our Trial Team may be able to help you recover include:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and earning potential
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Acute emotional distress
- Significant disfigurement
- Amputation or loss of limb
- Full value of the life stemming from the wrongful death claim, and other damages stemming from the survival action, such as funeral expenses and punitive damages
The Trial Team of Stewart Melvin & Frost is committed to fully understanding the unique needs of truck accident victims. Your attorney will work with you to learn the details of your accident and the impact it has had on your life to determine the total value of your claim.
Speak to a Skilled Gainesville Truck Accident Attorney at Stewart Melvin & Frost
If you have been injured in a truck accident in Gainesville, Georgia, or the surrounding Northeast Georgia area, you will need a determined, experienced legal expert on your side. The Trial Team of Stewart Melvin & Frost is passionate about defending the rights of truck accident victims and helping ensure trucking companies are held fully accountable for their actions.
“Accountability matters, and we will fight to make sure there is full accountability, even if that accountability must come from a jury,” says Andrew Gould, a partner and member of The Trial Team of Stewart Melvin & Frost.
Our highly qualified lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, meaning they only get paid if your case is resolved. To learn more about how our expert Trial Team can help you and schedule a free, no obligation, consultation, call us at (770) 536-0101 or complete our contact form today.