Child Injury Lawyer in Gainesville, Georgia
Unfortunately, child injuries due to negligence are not uncommon. Children are especially susceptible to suffering accidents and injuries because of their size, inexperience, and impulsivity. While children are more likely to suffer accidents, it is still the fault of the negligent party for not taking extra care around children to prevent accidents or injuries.
If your child suffers from another party’s negligence in Gainesville, Georgia, speak to Stewart Melvin & Frost. Led by Mark Alexander, our team of experienced attorneys will fight for your child to receive justice for their injuries. We hold folks accountable and make sure you have the legal representation you deserve. Speak with our team to learn how we represent and prioritize our clients.
Schedule Your Appointment With Our Burn Accident Attorneys Today
Who Is Liable for Child Injuries in Georgia?
When children are present or in the general area, adults and supervisors must take precautions to ensure the children’s safety. If a driver is speeding in a school zone or an area with a high volume of kids, they must act reasonably to reduce the likelihood of an accident.
Unfortunately, there are plenty of people who disregard the safety and well-being of children. Childcare workers, teachers, nannies, and adults around the child have a duty of care to keep the child from harm. You have the right to hold them accountable for their behavior when they act inappropriately and put the child at risk of injuries. In order to recover compensation for the damage, there must be clear indicators that the injury stemmed from the individual’s negligence.
Causes of Child Injury Cases in Gainesville, GA
While children are prone to accidents, their injuries are not always due to their actions. An adult’s improper behavior may significantly affect their health. With many ways for an adult to act inappropriately and cause a child harm, consider a few common causes of child injury accidents in Gainesville, Georgia:
- Poor supervision: Injuries often worsen the longer they go untreated. If your child is injured while unsupervised, the injury may transform from minor to life-threatening.
- Improper training: When an adult lacks the proper tools and training, your child may sustain injuries due to the person’s inability to provide quality care.
- Disregarding rules: Speeding in school zones, running a stop sign, and not stopping at the crosswalk are a few examples of broken laws that may cause a child injury.
- Anger Management issues: Those working with children need patients and training to navigate the daily frustrations they may experience. If an individual’s anger becomes dangerous and they harm the child, you may hold them accountable for the injuries.
- Drugs and alcohol: Drinking or using drugs while performing any act around a child is dangerous. The individual is unable to properly control their actions and may pose a threat to the child.
- Distractions: Texting and driving is one of the most common causes of accidents in the United States. If a distracted person harms your child with their behavior, speak with your lawyer.
If your child suffers severe, life-threatening injuries from any of the above actions, you may want to consider pursuing legal action against the responsible party’s behavior. You and your child deserve to recover compensation for the losses they suffer.
Starting a Personal Injury Claim for Your Child in Georgia
The only individuals who may act on behalf of the child are their parents or legal guardian. You may feel hesitant about pursuing legal action against the negligent party. Many people feel overwhelmed and unsure about the legal process, but Stewart Melvin & Frost has the resources and experience to help ensure the best possible outcome for your claim.
The aftermath of a child injury is one of the hardest challenges parents and guardians may face. Seeing your child lose their ability to enjoy the activities they loved is heartbreaking. Our team of award-winning lawyers are known by peers and throughout our community as protective and responsive attorneys. We will do everything in our power to recover the compensation you and your child deserve.
Trust Stewart Melvin & Frost as Your Gainesville, Georgia Child Injury Lawyers
When you have responsible, professional, and community-driven lawyers, you know they will dedicate their time and energy to protecting your rights. Stewart Melvin & Frost, led by Mark Alexander, has over 20 attorneys advocating for the rights of those harmed by negligent individuals.
Since 1936, our firm has protected clients in Gainesville and the surrounding Northeast Georgia area to recover their losses. With a thorough understanding of Georgia’s legal system, we make sure our clients have responsible and knowledgeable lawyers they may trust. Learn more about how our team will assist your claim by filling out our contact form or calling (770) 536-0101 today.