Rideshare options like Uber and Lyft have changed how we travel. In the 2020 Uber Revenue and Usage Statistics, around 93 million people worldwide used Uber in 2020, and the numbers only seem to increase every year. While rideshare apps provide people with accessible transportation, they can often pose dangers on the road that may cause serious accidents.
What Causes an Uber or Lyft Accident?
Accidents occur every day, most of which result from someone’s else’s carelessness.
The following are a few common causes of rideshare accidents:
- Distracted Driving;
- Drugs and Alcohol;
- Ignoring Traffic Laws;
- Fatigue; and
- Poor Vehicle Maintenance.
Individuals on the road are responsible for following the rules and laws while driving. When people disregard safety and inflict harm on someone, holding that person accountable is vital. “Accountability matters, and we will fight to make sure there is full accountability, even if that accountability must come from a jury,” says Attorney Gould, who leads our Trial Team along with Mark Alexander.
5 Steps to Take After a Georgia Rideshare Accident
The aftermath of an accident is often frightening and overwhelming. You never know what to expect, but there are a few ways you can protect your rights:
- Contact Emergency Medical Care: Rideshare accidents can cause severe injuries. After an accident, if possible, check yourself and others for any injuries, and assess whether immediate medical assistance is needed.
- Call Local Law Enforcement: Contacting the police will provide an authority figure on the scene who will investigate the accident. They will document the accident, and those files can work as evidence in an injury claim.
- Collect the Other Party’s Information: You will need to obtain insurance information from everyone involved in the accident, including the rideshare driver’s personal car insurance. You will also want to write down their name, and phone number so they can be contacted in the future.
- Gather Evidence: Pictures and videos of the scene and damage to the vehicles involved is important.It is also vital to get the contact information for any witness to the accident. m
- Contact an Experienced Rideshare Accident Lawyer: Handling the aftermath of a rideshare accident on your own may put your rights at risk. A knowledgeable lawyer will provide you with the representation needed to hold the negligent party or parties accountable..
Rideshare accidents are complicated and come with many questions. The law around ridesharing is evolving, so it is important to locate an experienced rideshare accident lawyer who knows the latest updates to the law. Contact an Experienced Georgia Rideshare Accident Attorney Today
When you enter an Uber, Lyft or other rideshare service, you place your safety in the driver’s hands. Rideshare companies and their drivers agree to and understand that they must follow the rules of the road and do everything in their power to keep passengers safe. However, when they disregard those responsibilities, they can face serious consequences.
When that unfortunate event occurs, our Trial Team works vigorously to hold those responsible fully accountable:
“For us, it is about the Golden Rule,” says Andrew Gould, Partner and member of the Trial Team of Stewart Melvin & Frost. “We treat each client as we would want our family to be treated. It is why we are always responsive, professional and prepared. It takes long hours and dedication, but it is what every client of ours comes to expect and should expect.”
Contact our Georgia Rideshare Accident Attorneys for Help
Our Stewart, Melvin, & Frost rideshare accident lawyers have over 30 years of experience protecting our clients’ rights and holding negligent parties accountable for their actions. The Trial Team works on a contingency fee basis. Until you receive compensation for your losses, you will not have to pay for our services.
With the knowledge to guide you through the legal and medical process, you can count on our hard-working, well-respected and experienced Trial Team to provide you with the premier legal representation our clients have come to expect.